Register Now
Kane99

Meta shuts down Quest developer Ready at Dawn

This is sad news. Ready At Dawn is shutting down at the hands of Meta, who bought up the studio back in 2020. The studio lasted for 21 years and produced games like; Daxter, God of War: Chains of Olympus & God of War: Ghost of Sparta for the PSP. They also helped develop the Wii version of the popular Okami.

Their last major release was with the PS4 exclusive, The Order: 1886. Which didn't do so hot. Ever since, they moved on to doing VR with Lone Echo for the Oculus Rift in 2017. And that's essentially where things end for the studio, as their last release, Lone Echo II, came out in 2021. 

You can read about this news here: https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/meta-shuts-down-quest-developer-ready-at-dawn

This is really unfortunate. Ready At Dawn had such a strong portfolio, especially with those PSP titles. It’s sad to see another studio with so much potential getting shuttered. I hope the developers find new opportunities quickly - talent like theirs shouldn’t go to waste.

For me, I see Ready At Dawn's closure has a significant loss for the gaming industry. Their work on the PSP God of War titles and Lone Echo series was so exceptional and it showcase their ability to come up with engaging stories.  

8 hours ago, Lens said:

For me, I see Ready At Dawn's closure has a significant loss for the gaming industry. Their work on the PSP God of War titles and Lone Echo series was so exceptional and it showcase their ability to come up with engaging stories.  

This news is so devastating. Ready At Dawn has really contributed to the gaming industry, especially in the VR space.

On 8/14/2024 at 12:16 PM, Button said:

This news is so devastating. Ready At Dawn has really contributed to the gaming industry, especially in the VR space.

This is indeed a sad day for VR gaming. Ready At Dawn's closure is really a significant loss to the industry, especially in VR development.