Register Now
Lens

Which Gaming Community is the Most Active?

I think the most active gaming community is Reddit's r/gaming. This gaming community always have new posts and members there share a lot of game tips. 

3 hours ago, Lens said:

I think the most active gaming community is Reddit's r/gaming. This gaming community always have new posts and members there share a lot of game tips. 

I agreed that r/gaming is a very busy platform But I also like the Discord too. There are so many servers for different games on discord and that's amazing. 

26 minutes ago, Button said:

I agreed that r/gaming is a very busy platform But I also like the Discord too. There are so many servers for different games on discord and that's amazing. 

Yes Discord is pretty amazing. But I also enjoy the Steam Communities as well. You can find groups for game on the forum and also join discussions there too. 

I agree that r/gaming is very active and has a lot of great content. I'm part of that community too so I should know - between there and VGR, I get a lot of my gaming news and learn about upcoming games as well.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I agree that r/gaming is very active and has a lot of great content. I'm part of that community too so I should know - between there and VGR, I get a lot of my gaming news and learn about upcoming games as well.

I’m so surprised no one has mentioned the Steam community yet! I wasn't even thinking in that direction. It has millions of active users, it's probably one of the largest gaming communities out there. 

17 hours ago, Lens said:

I’m so surprised no one has mentioned the Steam community yet! I wasn't even thinking in that direction. It has millions of active users, it's probably one of the largest gaming communities out there. 

While Reddit and Steam are great, for me, I still think that a more active gaming community is actually on the Discord servers for specific games. 

On 8/13/2024 at 12:16 PM, Lens said:

That’s a good point! Steam's community is so big that it almost flies under the radar when we talk about gaming spaces. I wonder if that’s because it’s such a central part of PC gaming that we just take it for granted?

On 8/8/2024 at 10:33 PM, Lens said:

Reddit dominates the search engines because of their partnership with Google, so they're able to drive in more traffic and activity than other gaming forums.

On 8/15/2024 at 9:00 PM, Cpvr said:

Reddit dominates the search engines because of their partnership with Google, so they're able to drive in more traffic and activity than other gaming forums.

That's a valid point as well. Most other gaming communities simply can't compete.

On 8/22/2024 at 4:43 AM, Kennysplash said:

It’s undisputed that Reddit has the largest gaming community. But it does not work for me, I find it hard to interact freely there without the unfair treatment of Reddit moderators and admin. 

I can understand where you’re coming from. The moderation style on Reddit can definitely vary between different subreddits. Have you tried engaging with smaller or niche communities where the moderation might be less restrictive?

On 8/26/2024 at 2:46 PM, GameOn said:

The PC gaming community is basically the most active gaming community because it covers diverse games and there are passionate discussions there too.

I make sure to find people who share my interests and I think the Fortnite community is super active. I see them with new updates and events all the time. 

On 8/22/2024 at 4:43 AM, Kennysplash said:

It’s undisputed that Reddit has the largest gaming community. But it does not work for me, I find it hard to interact freely there without the unfair treatment of Reddit moderators and admin. 

There are certain subreddits that have tight rules and regulations. That’s why it’s a good idea to look under the “community tab” info to see what type of rules each subreddit has.

Their gaming forum itself has over 43 million members and their gaming leaks/rumors forum has over 443k members.