Register Now
Lens

Which Game Demands the Most Skill?

The game that come to mind is Chess. You just need to plan every moves you want to make and also think ahead. You must adopt a strategy to outsmart your opponent. What's your contribution to this?

Edited by Lens

3 hours ago, Lens said:

The game that come to mind is Chess. You just need to plan every moves you want to make and also think ahead. You must adopt a strategy to outsmart your opponent. What's your contribution to this?

The Chess is really challenging. But I also think Dota 2 is tough as well. You need teamwork to win in this game. Do you play Dota 2?

25 minutes ago, Button said:

The Chess is really challenging. But I also think Dota 2 is tough as well. You need teamwork to win in this game. Do you play Dota 2?

Yes, Dota 2 is so hard. I don't really have good experince with it but I also enjoy Starcraft too. It's a strategy game that needs very fast thinking and planning. 

On 8/9/2024 at 7:09 PM, killamch89 said:
  1. Go
  2. Chess
  3. Diplomacy
  4. Bridge

Those are great choices. I'd add Starcraft II to the list. This game requires quick thinking, strategic planning, and execution too.  

2 hours ago, Lens said:

Those are great choices. I'd add Starcraft II to the list. This game requires quick thinking, strategic planning, and execution too.  

Age of the Empires II is also another that require all those skills as well.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Age of the Empires II is also another that require all those skills as well.

I'd like to add Magic: The Gathering to the list. This game requires a deep understanding of card interactions, strategy, and also deck-building. Players really need to think very critically to make tactical decisions quickly.

On 8/9/2024 at 7:09 PM, killamch89 said:
  1. Go
  2. Chess
  3. Diplomacy
  4. Bridge

I agree with you about Go. it's an extremely complex game that requires deep strategic thinking. Another game which I think demands a high level of skill is Overwatch. .

17 hours ago, Lens said:

I'd like to add Magic: The Gathering to the list. This game requires a deep understanding of card interactions, strategy, and also deck-building. Players really need to think very critically to make tactical decisions quickly.

Magic really rewards players who invest time in learning the nuances. From mastering mana curves to knowing when to go on the offensive versus holding back, the game definitely sharpens critical thinking skills.

Why are so many people saying chess?  Chess is a strategy game, it's the exact opposite of a test of skill.  There's is no timing, reflexes, coordination, acrobatics nor any skill centered trait at work here.  Strategy games test you ability to understand and implement tactics.  Let me put it this way, you will not impress anyone at a chess tournament with your talents at pawn juggling.