Register Now
Kane99

Are any of the Dexter's Laboratory games any good?

For some reason I've been on a Dexter's Laboratory kick, maybe it's due to Cartoon Network going through changes as of late. Last I heard they closed their original site down and anyone who access it are asked to sign up for a WB streaming account or something. Anyway, that's not the point of this topic. I'm curious about the only Dexter's Laboratory games, those being: 

• Dexter's Laboratory: Robot Rampage (GBC) - Released in 2000
  • Dexter's Laboratory: Deesaster Strikes! (GBA) - Released in 2001
  • Dexter's Laboratory: Mandark's Lab? (PS1) - Released in 2002

But, the Cartoon Network site also had flash games. I remember playing one in particular back when I was a kid. All I can remember about it, is that it's a puzzle game where you play as Dexter having to collect computer chips or something in order to unlock a door to go to the next level. I think you also had to move blocks around to navigate a the level better. If anyone can recall the title, that'd be great, because it was my favorite game about Dexter's Laboratory. 

Anyway, out of the three big games above, which one is the more enjoyable? The PS1 game looks kind of awful, mainly the 3D graphics don't look to have aged all too well. But I am curious about the GBA and GBC game. Is either worth checking out? I can probably go searching at thrift stores or ebay for a copy of both. 

I was wondering about the old games and there are three main ones. The Robot Rampage for Game Boy Color, Deesaster Strikes for Game Boy Advance, and Mandark's Lab for PlayStation 1. I don't know if they're any good.

1 hour ago, Lens said:

I was wondering about the old games and there are three main ones. The Robot Rampage for Game Boy Color, Deesaster Strikes for Game Boy Advance, and Mandark's Lab for PlayStation 1. I don't know if they're any good.

I've played the Game Boy Color and it's actually pretty fun. The Robot Rampage is actually the platformer where you are going to control Dexter and fight against his rival. 

30 minutes ago, Button said:

I've played the Game Boy Color and it's actually pretty fun. The Robot Rampage is actually the platformer where you are going to control Dexter and fight against his rival. 

that's awesome thanks for that info. I might have to get some copies of those games.

Out of the three, I’d recommend going for Dexter's Laboratory: Deesaster Strikes! (GBA) if you can find it. It generally received better reviews and is considered the most enjoyable of the bunch. The GBC game is decent but not as polished. As for the PS1 game, its 3D graphics haven’t aged well, so it might be less enjoyable. The flash game you’re recalling sounds like it could be Dexter’s Laboratory: The Lab, which was a fun puzzle game with block-moving mechanics.