Register Now
killamch89

Do You Know Any Self-Defense or Martial Arts?

I'm curious to know how many of you have learned self-defense or martial arts. Whether it's for fitness, confidence, or personal safety, what have you studied, and how has it impacted your life? Do you train regularly, or is it something you did in the past? Any tips for beginners? Would love to hear about your experiences.

I don't know martial arts, but I do know how to teach self defense. If I can get the money to pay for things like insurance, training tools, and a good place to teach other than my home, I could start teaching self defense. I have taught a few people some things. But as for an actual class, I haven't gotten that far yet.

And yes, I can teach from a wheelchair.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't know martial arts, but I do know how to teach self defense. If I can get the money to pay for things like insurance, training tools, and a good place to teach other than my home, I could start teaching self defense. I have taught a few people some things. But as for an actual class, I haven't gotten that far yet.

And yes, I can teach from a wheelchair.

I used to do Shotokan as a kid and won trophies in sparring in the three tournaments I participated in. I also learned self defense from growing up in a violent community.

I was kinda forced to learn how to defend myself due to a drunk for a father that got his kicks by beating the shit out of me on a daily basis. He is also the reason I started sleeping with a loaded rifle in my hands when I was 12.

On 8/14/2024 at 4:16 PM, The Blackangel said:

I was kinda forced to learn how to defend myself due to a drunk for a father that got his kicks by beating the shit out of me on a daily basis. He is also the reason I started sleeping with a loaded rifle in my hands when I was 12.

Yeah, you did mention that.