Register Now
killamch89

What Game Really Pushed Your Skills to the Limit?

Is there a game that significantly challenged your skills or strategy, making you rethink your approach or push your abilities to new heights? Whether it's a complex strategy game, a tough-as-nails platformer, or a game with intricate mechanics, share your experience and how it changed your gameplay. What made it so challenging and how did you overcome it?

For me, it was Dark Souls. I was even thinking that I was a decent gamer, but that game really humbled me. The tough enemies, traps, and puzzles have really forced me to rethink my approach. 

1 hour ago, Lens said:

For me, it was Dark Souls. I was even thinking that I was a decent gamer, but that game really humbled me. The tough enemies, traps, and puzzles have really forced me to rethink my approach. 

I feel you because this is common. Dark Souls is notorious for its challenge. But based on my opinion, it was Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The game's precise timing has pushed my skills to the limit several times. 

On 8/11/2024 at 8:58 AM, Lens said:

Same here. Dark Souls' unforgiving combat and intricate world design forced me to rethink my approach multiple times. I remember getting stuck on Ornstein and Smough for days. I had to improve my timing, learn enemy patterns, and be patient instead of rushing in. Overcoming that fight felt like a huge accomplishment and changed how I approach challenges in games, making me more analytical and persistent

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Same here. Dark Souls' unforgiving combat and intricate world design forced me to rethink my approach multiple times. I remember getting stuck on Ornstein and Smough for days. I had to improve my timing, learn enemy patterns, and be patient instead of rushing in. Overcoming that fight felt like a huge accomplishment and changed how I approach challenges in games, making me more analytical and persistent

I can definitely relate to that. I see Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice as one of the games that pushed me beyond limit. The stealth mechanics in this game pushed my skills to the limit.

17 hours ago, Lens said:

I can definitely relate to that. I see Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice as one of the games that pushed me beyond limit. The stealth mechanics in this game pushed my skills to the limit.

I'd say that Cuphead was also another game that really pushed my skills to the limit. The game is so challenging.

On 8/13/2024 at 12:20 PM, Lens said:

I completely get what you mean - Sekiro is brutal! The stealth mechanics really test your patience and timing. I remember the tension of sneaking through enemy territory, knowing one mistake could lead to a swift death. What was the most challenging part for you? Also, Sekiro was developed by the same company that made Dark Souls and Elden Ring.