Register Now
Kane99

Compound - Randomized rogue-lite shooter for PS VR2

The PlayStation VR 2 just got a new game called Compound today. It looks like a lot of fun. It's said to be a randomized rogue-lite, free-roaming FPS. The cool thing I like about it, is the old retro style 3D graphics. It's going to be interesting playing something like this in VR. Check the trailer out below. It's out now for the PS5 on PSVR 2. 

Interesting choice with the retro style. I’m curious how well the randomized rogue-lite elements will translate into VR. Sometimes these styles can be hit or miss in VR environments. Have you seen any reviews or early feedback on how it performs?

On 8/14/2024 at 9:58 PM, killamch89 said:

Interesting choice with the retro style. I’m curious how well the randomized rogue-lite elements will translate into VR. Sometimes these styles can be hit or miss in VR environments. Have you seen any reviews or early feedback on how it performs?

From what I've seen, the game is receiving praise for its fast-paced action. The retro graphics have added some level of charm and I can see that players are also adding to the overal excitement as well.

On 8/19/2024 at 11:10 AM, Lens said:

From what I've seen, the game is receiving praise for its fast-paced action. The retro graphics have added some level of charm and I can see that players are also adding to the overal excitement as well.

Some players comparing Compound to other rogue-lite shooters like Hades and Enter the Gungeon but I know that it's not as polished as those games. Compound's unique blend of retro style and VR gameplay is what really sets it apart. 

Edited by Button

On 8/19/2024 at 5:10 AM, Lens said:

The fast-paced action is really what makes the game stand out. The retro graphics definitely add a nostalgic charm that appeals to a lot of players. It’s great to see the community so engaged and excited about it.