Register Now
Lens

Are Loot Boxes Ethical or Just a Form of Gambling?

I was really thinking about the controversies that is actually surrounding the Loot boxes . It can be seen as a form of gambling because it involve spending money on rewards. It has actually lead to exploitation and addiction.

What are your thoughts on this?

This is a great topic, I think loot boxes are very unethical when they're used to exploit players, especially when it involves the children. And another thing is the fact that some games allow you to buy loot boxes with real money and also sell the items for real money is basically gambling.

1 hour ago, Button said:

This is a great topic, I think loot boxes are very unethical when they're used to exploit players, especially when it involves the children. And another thing is the fact that some games allow you to buy loot boxes with real money and also sell the items for real money is basically gambling.

you’re correct about exploitation and I'd also like to add that loot boxes can definitely create an unfair advantage in games and it can undermine the sense of accomplishment and fair play in games.

Just now, Lens said:

you’re correct about exploitation and I'd also like to add that loot boxes can definitely create an unfair advantage in games and it can undermine the sense of accomplishment and fair play in games.

I'd say that VR enables more dynamic character interactions and this makes the story to be more responsive and realistic. And it's very essential not to forget about the potential for VR in helping to explore new genres.