Register Now
killamch89

Have you ever played a game that you felt had a particularly unique or interesting approach to player choice and consequences?

I'm curious to hear about games where player choices had a real impact on the story, gameplay, or world-building. Have you ever played a game where your decisions led to unexpected or meaningful consequences that stood out to you? What game was it, and what made the experience so unique in terms of how it handled player choice?

One game that I remembered is.The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The story in this game is heavily influenced by your choices. For example, certain characters can actually die or become allies based on your decisions. 

On 8/15/2024 at 8:16 PM, Button said:

One game that I remembered is.The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The story in this game is heavily influenced by your choices. For example, certain characters can actually die or become allies based on your decisions. 

I'd like to mention Tyranny to the list - in this game, your choices does not only affect the story but also the gameplay mechanics as well. 

On 8/15/2024 at 2:16 PM, Button said:

Personally, Detroit: Become Human comes to mind immediately. The branching paths based on choices are so intricately woven that the game feels different with every playthrough. I found it fascinating how even small decisions could lead to entirely different outcomes and character fates.

On 8/19/2024 at 11:03 AM, Lens said:

I'd like to mention Tyranny to the list - in this game, your choices does not only affect the story but also the gameplay mechanics as well. 

I'll also pick the  Papers, Please. It's a game where you play as an immigration officer, and your choices will definitely affect the lives of the people passing through your checkpoint. 

On 8/19/2024 at 11:03 AM, Lens said:

I'll also pick the  Papers, Please. It's a game where you play as an immigration officer, and your choices will definitely affect the lives of the people passing through your checkpoint. 

On 8/20/2024 at 8:47 AM, Button said:

Nice pick! The tension of trying to do your job while dealing with the moral implications is what makes it so compelling.