Register Now
Cpvr

Black Myth: Wukong breaks record with $53 million in presales, achieves 1.3 million concurrent players on Steam

At 10 a.m. Beijing time today, Chinese developer Game Science released the AAA game Black Myth: Wukong on PS5, Steam, Epic, and WEGAME. The game’s launch sparked an extraordinary surge in downloads on Steam, with the platform reaching a bandwidth peak of 70 Tbps (terabits per second) shortly after pre-downloads opened. At the time of writing, Steam’s concurrent player count for the game has exceeded 1.3 million. According to the 2024 mid-year Chinese game sales report, Black Myth: Wukong generated RMB 390 million ($53 million) in revenue and sold 1.2 million copies during its first month of pre-sales, setting a new record for Chinese-developed PC games.

source: Technode

On 8/21/2024 at 11:15 PM, killamch89 said:

I just got the game today and I'm going to start playing it later. I don't care about the media trashing it due to the game being about Chinese Mythology.

Congratulations my friend. It's also very great to see Black Myth: Wukong breaking the records and receiving so much attention too. 

11 hours ago, Lens said:

Congratulations my friend. It's also very great to see Black Myth: Wukong breaking the records and receiving so much attention too. 

It's a pretty fun game to play, I'm not going to lie. I'd go as far as to say it's kind of a breath of fresh air in a mostly boring year for gaming.

1.3 million players at the same time is indeed a huge achievement for the game. Now, I'm very curious to hear about people’s thoughts on the game because I've not tried it . 

On 8/25/2024 at 9:44 AM, Button said:

1.3 million players at the same time is indeed a huge achievement for the game. Now, I'm very curious to hear about people’s thoughts on the game because I've not tried it . 

Black Myth: Wukong's success is actually staggering. Hitting 1.3 million players on Steam is an Indication that it gameplay is very engaging.