Register Now
killamch89

What's Your Favorite Type of Chocolate?

Do you prefer dark, milk, white, or something more unique like ruby chocolate? Maybe you enjoy certain flavors or fillings like nuts, caramel, or fruit? Share your favorite type of chocolate and why you love it.

13 hours ago, Cpvr said:

White chocolate is my favorite. I also like dark chocolate, but not as much as white chocolate. Caramel chocolate is delicious as well.

I'm more of a dark chocolate guy myself. There's just something about that rich flavor when it touches your tongue - I love it! Granted, it's not for everyone but it's my favorite type of chocolate.

2 hours ago, Knight Plug said:

These days, nothing. I remember Aeros, Mars and Quality Street tasting better years ago. Then they added in more sugar to mask the changes to them. Just so sugary in taste now. Not nice.

The dark chocolate I eat is organic and is only sweetened with raw honey so it's nutritious and delicious at the same time. My supplier is a small local company.

I think Green and Black is a great brand. The more cocoa, the healthier the option. Like 70 to 85% is best. Not too much sugar.

There's a chocolate shop at Bruntsfield in Edinburgh and they have it spiced, fruity, plain, or made to your liking. 

On 8/30/2024 at 3:30 PM, killamch89 said:

I'm more of a dark chocolate guy myself. There's just something about that rich flavor when it touches your tongue - I love it! Granted, it's not for everyone but it's my favorite type of chocolate.

There was a place in Massachusetts where I used to buy white chocolate, and it was the bomb. That shop made white chocolate my favorite. I’m not sure if it’s still around, though. I used to go there all the time when I was a kid.

I wish there was a chocolate shop that was close to me in Texas.

There's a cheap chocolate bar for only 60p in Day Today stores. Has almonds and raisins. It may be cheap, but I think it's nice.

It's still kind of processed, though. Milk chocolate is always very sugary, and probably doesn't yield the health benefits of eating ordinary dark chocolate. 

11 hours ago, Knight Plug said:

There's a cheap chocolate bar for only 60p in Day Today stores. Has almonds and raisins. It may be cheap, but I think it's nice.

It's still kind of processed, though. Milk chocolate is always very sugary, and probably doesn't yield the health benefits of eating ordinary dark chocolate. 

Out of all the different kinds of chocolate, I'd say Milk chocolate is my least favorite - it's not as creamy as the others and it tends to taste like store-bought sugar with a bit of chocolate in it instead of the inverse.