Register Now
killamch89

What's the Most Overrated Movie of All Time?

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on this. We all have our favorites, but what movie do you think gets way more praise than it deserves? Whether it’s due to hype, awards, or fanbase, which film do you think is the most overrated?

The Hunger Games. There are two kinds of people on this planet, fans of The Hunger Games and everyone who has seen The Running Man and/or Battle Royale and thus know how such a concept is supposed to be handled.

If you want to take on a dark premise such as innocent people, more specifically children, being forced to kill each other in a blood sport, then fine. More power to you, that kind of courage should be respected. However, do it as a FUCKING ADULT!!!

You don't make it the background, the fucking background, in a nonsensical, obsessive and overtly stylish, teenie-bopping, embarrassingly forced romomace that the Twilight movies would cringe at with any sense of logic completely ignored. They have these kids get dressed up fancy and do interviews on TV for fuck sake!  

A lot of people have called The Hunger Games a Battle Royale rip-off. Well, I don't. I wish were, then the film/book might have focused of what was actually important in it's own story and potentially fascinating world. The Hunger Games is so poorly conceived has no understanding of it's own potential.  It sucks.

Edited by Shagger