Register Now
Kane99

Atari 7800+

Has anyone heard of this? It's a new Atari console, that seems to re-create the 7800, but updated for modern times. As well, they are releasing a new game with it called Bentley Bear’s Crystal Quest, which is a sequel to the 7800 game Crystal Castles. I don't know who wants this, and I can't imagine it's going to sell very well compared to other retro style consoles. The new console will connect via HDMI, have USB C connections, and will play 2600 and 7800 games. 

If interested in picking up this, it'll set you back $129.99. It's currently available for pre-order, and will ship in winter of 2024. So right in time for the holidays! 

You can view the console here - https://atari.com/products/atari-7800

It's interesting to see Atari trying to revive the 7800, but I agree with you. It seems like a niche product. While it's cool that it supports 2600 and 7800 games, I think most people who are into retro gaming might prefer to use emulators or original hardware. Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest sounds like a nice touch for fans of the original, but at $129.99, it's a tough sell for what it offers.