Register Now
killamch89

How Did You Discover Your Favorite Gaming Genre?

I discovered my favorite genre, action-adventure while I was growing up, I played Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda with my siblings. This is what sparked my interest. Later, a friend of mine introduced me to the Assassin's Creed series. This is what cement my love for the game I love.

1 hour ago, Lens said:

I discovered my favorite genre, action-adventure while I was growing up, I played Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda with my siblings. This is what sparked my interest. Later, a friend of mine introduced me to the Assassin's Creed series. This is what cement my love for the game I love.

It was more of a gradual process for me. I started with action games but slowly gravitated towards more story-driven experiences. Over time, I realized that RPGs were what I enjoyed the most, especially those with deep narratives and character development.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It was more of a gradual process for me. I started with action games but slowly gravitated towards more story-driven experiences. Over time, I realized that RPGs were what I enjoyed the most, especially those with deep narratives and character development.

That's a wonderful evolution. There is bound to be a change of interest. As I grew older, I craved more for immersive experiences. So, I start to explore the RPGs.

8 hours ago, Scorpion said:

I discovered my favorite genre through A friend's recommendation of Final Fantasy VII (RPG)

Yes, I agree because Final Fantasy VII is a classic. I like the deep character and story, it really resonated with me. 

18 hours ago, Scorpion said:

I discovered my favorite genre through A friend's recommendation of Final Fantasy VII (RPG)

That's what I called the Word-of-mouth introductions and it can really spark lifelong passions. What hooked me in that game is the combat and character customization. 

On 9/22/2024 at 11:36 AM, Scorpion said:

Ironically, it's the original Final Fantasy game that got me into RPGs as well. And then sometime later down the line FF VII and VIII came out and that's what sealed the deal for me.

Sonic was the first video game I ever played, so I just fell in love with platformers from day one. Also Pokemon made me really appreciate turned based RPGs, and they're my second favorite genre of video games. It's fun playing a platformer and collecting goodies along the way, plus just jumping and progressing in a platformer is fun.