Register Now
Kane99

What's the biggest and best deal you got on a video game or game lot?

I like to buy games used when I can, whether that be through places like Amazon, ebay, Facebook marketplace, or some other places. I am always trying to find deals on games. With that being said, what was the bear deal you ever got on a video game or a video game lot? 

Maybe it's a lot you bought on ebay, or a deal you got from going to a garage sale or something. 

For me, the best deal I ever got was years ago during a garage sale. It was an old neighbor of mine, and they were selling NES games, an N64, and more stuff. I ended up picking up just a copy of Zelda link to the past on the SNES and a SNES controller. I think I got two controllers, I forget. Anyway, I should have tried to get the N64 and NES games too, but was new to thrifting and didn't try to barter. But I think I paid $10 maybe. Idk I forget. 

But what about you? What's your biggest and best video game deal ever? 

My best deal has to be when I picked up a box of PS2 games from a yard sale for $15. The owner didn’t know what they had at the time. There were a few rare titles like Rule of Rose and Silent Hill 2 in the mix. I didn’t realize the value at first either, but after some research, I found out that the lot was worth well over $300.

The best single deal I ever got was a few years ago when I picked up a Gameboy Advance with a copy of Super Street Fighter 2 in it for $4 at my local thrift store. The GBA was in great condition too, just needed a little bit of cleaning.

Edited by Anders

12 hours ago, Anders said:

The best single deal I ever got was a few years ago when I picked up a Gameboy Advance with a copy of Super Street Fighter 2 in it for $4 at my local thrift store. The GBA was in great condition too, just needed a little bit of cleaning.

Certainly, a purchase of a Gameboy Advance and Super Street Fighter 2 for $4 is a great combination. Thrift stores have the potential of being gold mines especially for gamers.