Register Now
Kennysplash

What if you find it hard to focus when during gaming?

Ny roommate gets bored easily these days. I often find find him pausing what he is playing to scroll through his phone. He does it when we play multiplayer games as well. It’s obvious that he has lost the excitement he used to have. 

What do you think can help revive the excitement? 

It is possible to experience periods when one fails to have enthusiasm for the game. Of course, I believe there are several things that could bring back the excitement. I’ll suggest that playing through a new game, or a game from a different genre can help one fall in love with game again.

Maybe it’s not just boredom but something deeper like fatigue or burnout. People’s tastes and interests shift over time. It could be cool to talk to him and see if there’s a game he’s excited about, or maybe he’s looking for a different kind of entertainment altogether.

On 9/8/2024 at 11:28 PM, killamch89 said:

Maybe it’s not just boredom but something deeper like fatigue or burnout. People’s tastes and interests shift over time. It could be cool to talk to him and see if there’s a game he’s excited about, or maybe he’s looking for a different kind of entertainment altogether.

That's a very great point. I find it hard to focus during gaming, I try to identify the cause . In most cases, it might be due to tiredness or stress. After Identifying that, I take a break or switching to a different game. 

4 hours ago, Lens said:

That's a very great point. I find it hard to focus during gaming, I try to identify the cause . In most cases, it might be due to tiredness or stress. After Identifying that, I take a break or switching to a different game. 

And that's a very good strategy. Sometimes you need to take a break to recharge your batteries.

10 hours ago, Lens said:

I've also realized that my focus during gaming decline from burnout or mental fatigue. When I'm feeling drained, I'll try to relax. After all, gaming is for fun.

On 9/5/2024 at 12:39 AM, Kennysplash said:

Ny roommate gets bored easily these days. I often find find him pausing what he is playing to scroll through his phone. He does it when we play multiplayer games as well. It’s obvious that he has lost the excitement he used to have. 

What do you think can help revive the excitement? 

Try the Pomodoro Technique: 25 minutes gaming + 5 minutes break. Consistency and routine also aid focus...