Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games where you hit a wall surprisingly early in the main quest line

Yes! There has been a point right when I couldn’t take any more of the primary quest line in a game. It happened to me in Dark souls. I was stuck on a boss fight for hours, and I got frustrated quickly.

Dark Souls immediately comes to mind. Early on, you face the Taurus Demon, and it’s such a steep difficulty spike that I hit a wall there. I had no clue how to parry or even use half the items in my inventory. Eventually, I had to look up a guide, practice timing, and really learn the mechanics. Once I did, the game became much more manageable, though still challenging.

On 9/6/2024 at 10:40 PM, killamch89 said:

Dark Souls immediately comes to mind. Early on, you face the Taurus Demon, and it’s such a steep difficulty spike that I hit a wall there. I had no clue how to parry or even use half the items in my inventory. Eventually, I had to look up a guide, practice timing, and really learn the mechanics. Once I did, the game became much more manageable, though still challenging.

Dark Souls is indeed a classic example. The Taurus Demon is very tough. I think many of us have been there and hitting a wall will definitely make you feel frustrated. 

9 hours ago, Scorpion said:

Yes, I struggled with Dark Souls' Anor Londo and Sekiro's Isshin Ashina; online guides and YouTube tutorials saved me.

Trust me, those bosses are very brutal. Anor Londo and Isshin Ashina's attacks are very challenging. I find some online resources to be lifesavers when I'm in this situation. 

10 hours ago, Lens said:

Trust me, those bosses are very brutal. Anor Londo and Isshin Ashina's attacks are very challenging. I find some online resources to be lifesavers when I'm in this situation. 

You are right and it's the same for me too. The FromSoftware games are known for tough encounters.

On 9/8/2024 at 5:01 PM, Lens said:

Dark Souls is indeed a classic example. The Taurus Demon is very tough. I think many of us have been there and hitting a wall will definitely make you feel frustrated. 

Yeah - it frustrated me to no end. Even the fodder were tough to beat if you weren't prepared.