Register Now
Kane99

Nintendo Switch 2 Will Allegedly Feature Backward Compatibility Support

The Switch 2 hasn't even been announced yet, but it's being alleged that the next Switch will be backwards compatible with Switch games. Which is honestly a smart move for Nintendo, considering how they can keep selling their older games this way. Nintendo has been known to make their consoles and devices backwards compatible to some extent. If the Switch 2 utilizes the same game cards too, I imagine that would make it easier to adapt. 

The cool thing is, these older games could still receive updates if the devs want to. What do you think about this news? Did you expect it to happen? I sort of did, especially if they are going to go the route of making a Switch 2 instead of a completely new console. 

Read more about this news here - https://twistedvoxel.com/nintendo-switch-2-will-feature-backward-compatibility-support/

I'm intrigued by the rumor! It's a great move, allowing players to enjoy a vast library of games. I understand your mixed feelings, while changes are inevitable, it's natural to feel attached to the original characters and design.