Register Now
Bizdustry

What do you think the future of gaming holds?

Thinking about the future of gaming from now, so let’s say 50-100 years from now. What do you think the future of gaming will be like for new generations? We have VR but do you think there’ll be simulations where you can feel the equivalent of the 5 senses?

what do you think the gaming industry will see?

I think the future of gaming will be incredibly immersive and what I see that interest me is the simulations that will mimic real-life experiences. The advancements in VR and haptic technology, will makes it even more engaging. 

Great question! I definitely think the next big step will be full sensory immersion. Technologies like brain-computer interfaces might evolve to allow us to experience all five senses in virtual environments. Imagine not just seeing or hearing a game world, but actually feeling the warmth of the sun, tasting the food, or smelling the ocean. I also see games becoming even more integrated into daily life.

On 9/10/2024 at 7:55 PM, Button said:

We'll definitely see a blurring of lines between games and reality. I expect tte future of gaming to allow players to control games with their thoughts and emotions. 

Could happen but that'd be like 20+ years down the road.

On 9/19/2024 at 5:33 PM, killamch89 said:

Could happen but that'd be like 20+ years down the road.

AI-driven narratives will definitely revolutionize gaming and cloud gaming will also make good games accessible on any device and for everyone. .

21 hours ago, Lens said:

AI-driven narratives will definitely revolutionize gaming and cloud gaming will also make good games accessible on any device and for everyone. .

In the future, it's very possible for games to seamlessly integrate with our daily lives through augmented reality and wearable tech. 

As far as hardware goes, I think traditional tv-box consoles are dying and will be replaced with hybrids like the Switch/Steam Deck/ROG Ally/Legion Go within the next 20 years. The biggest catalyst for this will come when such devices become capable of running modern games at 4K/60fps, which honestly isn't far off.

Regarding display technology, I think in the future most people will still prefer screens of some type as very few people seem to want VR (I sure don't). I think Augmented Reality will be a game-changer. I envision a console where instead of the video output connecting to a TV, it connects to a lightweight headset that uses AR technology to turn any flat surface in your house into a screen, complete with the ability to 'hide' objects on the wall. Thus you could have a giant screen anywhere without disturbing others, and while maintaining complete awareness of your surroundings.