Register Now
Knight Barida

Which sports do you hate most?

Going by the sports we have here in the states, I would say baseball. It’s just so damn boring. I hate it. I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would have interest in it.

But the worst of all is NASCAR. Yeah, that’s what I want to do. Spend the next 5 hours watching a bunch of dumbasses taking left turns.

Kill me now please.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 9/27/2024 at 12:51 AM, The Blackangel said:

Going by the sports we have here in the states, I would say baseball. It’s just so damn boring. I hate it. I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would have interest in it.

Just be glad you're not burdened with Cricket.  That sport makes baseball look like a rock concert.  Not only is it pompous and formal compared to baseball, it's way more tedious and slow paced.  Cautious, defencive play is a huge part of the game, making an already boring game even more boring. In test cricket, it takes 5 days to play one game and it usually ends in a fucking draw!

On 9/27/2024 at 12:51 AM, The Blackangel said:

But the worst of all is NASCAR. Yeah, that’s what I want to do. Spend the next 5 hours watching a bunch of dumbasses taking left turns.

Kill me now please.

Motorsport is pretty much the only sport that holds my interest.  I enjoy the technical and tactical side to it as much as I do action on-track, that's I can watch things like Formula 1 even when it does get tedious without getting bored. However, NASCAR is whare I draw the line. I admire the drivers as I know those cars are not easy to drive and they are being driven at incredible speeds, way faster than F1 cars, but there is a lack of sophistication and variety to the spectacle that just does not appeal to me.  At least Indicar hold races on both ovals and racetracks, so there's some varaity.  

Edited by Shagger

On 9/26/2024 at 7:24 PM, Shagger said:

Just be glad you're not burdened with Cricket.  That sport makes baseball look like a rock concert.  Not only is it pompous and formal compared to baseball, it's way more tedious and slow paced.  Cautious, defencive play is a huge part of the game, making an already boring game even more boring. In test cricket, it takes 5 days to play one game and it usually ends in a fucking draw!

This is factual. I say it all the time - if the police wanted me to snitch on some criminals, just force me to watch Test Cricket for 1 minute and I'd start squealing like a nosy pig on the farm.

21 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Whack the ball, get in the cart.

And the commentary is electrifying:

”We’re coming up on the fourth green now. Could people be quieter, I’d like to hear the grass grow.”

The most exciting part of Golf is when they whack the ball into the pond and an alligator immediately comes out of the water and just lays there. Making everyone know it's pointless to try and retrieve that ball.