Register Now
Kane99

Vince Zampella Confirms Next Battlefield Will Use Modern Setting, First Concept Art Revealed

Source - https://www.ign.com/articles/exclusive-first-battlefield-concept-art-revealed-vince-zampella

Looks like Battlefield is making a comeback soon, and it will go back to a modern setting. The last few games have gone back to WWI and WWII. The article above also shares some concept art for the new game. I hope they make a comeback, the last game from what I remember, wasn't well received. So I hope this game can turn things around for the franchise again. 

This is really exciting. I always preached returning to a modern setting which could definitely revitalize the games even the Battlefield series. This will bring in more engaging games.

The historical settings in these games, especially WWII, have really gotten tired.  Largely because they keep relying the same, overused set pieces.  Give COD some credit as they tried to expand on settings and themes of WWII with Vanguard.  Battlefield would never do that.  We would just get D-Day and the liberation of France as if that's the only place anyone fought in that war for 100th time.  That is literally the extent of EA and Dice's imagination with WWII and I for one am sick off it.  So yes, it's a good thing they're not going down that root for this new Battlefield, but that doesn't mean for one second that they will come up with a good game.