Register Now
Kane99

Rockstar documents suggest GTA VI could get the Ballad of Gay Tony episode treatment

Take this with a grain of salt, because Rockstar have stated there would be story DLC in GTA V, but that never happened, well if you want to count the free DLC stories in the online mode, which I don't. Now there is news that during Rockstars latest financial report, there was talk of possibly doing episodic content again, similarly to what they did with GTA IV. The financial report specified offering downloadable episodes, but that could very well refer to their online mode. 

But, it does kind of give me hope that Rockstar will give us what we want. But I b bet whatever they do, they will put the most focus on their online mode. Because we all know that's where their money mostly comes from. 

Read about this news here - https://www.videogamer.com/news/rockstar-documents-suggest-gta-vi-could-get-episode-treatment/

Do you hope this happens? I'd love to get episodic content that delves into past GTA characters. How cool would it be if they tied some characters from GTA IV in this? I doubt it, but I can dream. :D

I understand your point very well. If we consider GTA Online's revenue, it's very much likely they'll prioritize financial gains. Maybe we are going to see substantial story-driven episodes as well.

It would be awesome if Rockstar did episodic content like they did with 'The Ballad of Gay Tony'. I think focusing on past characters would really enrich the GTA universe. However, I agree with you that Rockstar seems more invested in the online content now. It’s hard to imagine them splitting their attention, but I’d love to be proven wrong.