Register Now
Knight Barida

Will you be paying for the PlayStation 5 Pro?

Absolutely not, it's too much money! If my current PS5 kicks the bucket I'll just get one of the slim models. The unit itself is already $700, but if you want a disc drive and a stand you're looking at $810 and that's before taxes. I think Sony is charging too much for the new system, plus I'm not really that much of a stickler for graphics in games so I don't need to upgrade to enjoy the games I have because I look at gameplay, story and music to be the top three things to make a game enjoyable graphics don't matter to me.

Yeah, eventually, when I can find one for around $350. Likely not until 2 or so years into the PS6's life cycle. I wouldn't bother with it except I want to run Dragon's Dogma 2 at 60fps and have a physical copy, and the base PS5 can't really handle the game. My original plan was to wait for the PS6, but with the PS5 Pro not having a SKU with the optional disc drive, I'm absolutely certain now that the PS6 will be digital-only. And unless things change radically in the industry (such as SNK or SEGA getting back into console manufacturing), the PS5 Pro will be my last game console.