Register Now
Kane99

PlayStation Network was down for hours last night, anyone here deal with it?

Last night I heard that the PlayStation Network was down worldwide for quite a few hours, I think it ended up being out for around six hours, but not 100% sure. Noticed the PlayStation subreddit was lit up last night with people complaining about the servers being down. Was anyone here dealing with the outage? What did you end up doing while it was down? 

I don't think Sony has come out with why the servers were down so long. I know they recently added more ads to the homepage, so I wonder if there was an issue with that resulting in the site going down. Some speculated it was a hack because other major tech companies were dealing with outages too. 

You can read more about this news here: https://www.newsweek.com/major-sony-playstation-newtwork-outage-affects-gamers-around-world-1962022

I wasn't aware this had happened because I was gaming on my PC last night but that's a huge inconvenience to players particularly when Sony charges so much for PSN per month. The thing that irks me the most is Sony not even giving an apology and an explanation as to why this happened.

Yes, it was a bother that PSN was offline but, all the same, I used the time wisely. Spend some time with some offline campaigns and watched some YouTube videos. The problem clearly shows Sony need to ensure there are no further outages.