Register Now
killamch89

Have You Ever Been Attacked by a Wild Animal?

Has anyone here ever had a close encounter with a wild animal? Maybe while hiking, camping, or even in your own backyard? Whether it was a bear, a snake, or something unexpected, I’d love to hear your stories. How did you react, and how did it all turn out?

A hellcat. I was out hiking one day, and saw one skulking out of the woods and I froze. Luckily it was upwind of me, so it didn’t pick up my scent. I very slowly backed away and it went the other way. I also came up on a bobcat. Also when I was a little kid (around 17) I hunted copperheads.  A hatchet and a forked stick. Pin them down and chop their heads off.

Those are just the ones I can remember at the moment.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

A hellcat. I was out hiking one day, and saw one skulking out of the woods and I froze. Luckily it was upwind of me, so it didn’t pick up my scent. I very slowly backed away and it went the other way. I also came up on a bobcat. Also when I was a little kid (around 17) I hunted copperheads.  A hatchet and a forked stick. Pin them down and chop their heads off.

Those are just the ones I can remember at the moment.

To be honest, I've never really been attacked by a wild animal. They usually come up and check me out and then dip.

4 hours ago, Dead2009 said:

Does being swarmed by bees count? Lol.

Yes, it does count. That happened to a friend of mine once when we growing up. We came up on a bees nest and he started chucking stones at it. The bees all started swarming and they flew right past me and started stinging the daylights out of him. After he ran away they went back to their nest leaving me completely untouched. We always laugh about that moment as adults.