Register Now
killamch89

Handheld vs. Docked: What’s Your Preferred Switch Experience?

Do you enjoy the freedom and portability of handheld mode, or do you prefer the big-screen experience of docked mode? I find myself switching between the two depending on the game and my mood, but I’d love to hear your thoughts! What do you think enhances your gaming experience more, and why?

I prefer to play my Switch docked and on the big tv. My wife prefers to play the Switch in handheld mode, so I let her keep the Switch Lite and I primary use our Switch. I prefer to use a pro controller as well, since I'm not a fan of the Joycons. It's just better to experience the games on a tv rather than in handheld mode IMO.

On 10/12/2024 at 10:39 PM, Ravenfreak said:

I prefer to play my Switch docked and on the big tv. My wife prefers to play the Switch in handheld mode, so I let her keep the Switch Lite and I primary use our Switch. I prefer to use a pro controller as well, since I'm not a fan of the Joycons. It's just better to experience the games on a tv rather than in handheld mode IMO.

For me, it depends on the mood and the occasion. If I'm having friends over to play Mario Party or something like that, docked mode is definitely my favorite option. However, I do sometimes prefer to just pick it up and play.

I’ve never actually tried it docked. I’ve always played mine handheld. Initially I had a Switch Lite, so it wasn’t an option. But I’ve been using a regular Switch for a few years now, and have so far never have taken advantage of the docking feature.

My preferred way to use the Nintendo Switch is on the dock but I don't mind using it as a handheld if the need arises. I do like how if I am playing a game and need to head away from the TV to do something, I can take the handheld console with me and still play whilst I am doing things such as cooking.