Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

On 3/10/2024 at 6:04 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

I am currently playing FF7 Rebirth. It's AMAZING!

I also had a very good time playing this FF7 Rebirth. I was a little bit delayed getting into playing it but when I finally did, it have all fun for me. 

So RE9 was apparently revealed, along with HD remasters of 0, 5, and CV. Jill could be in RE9, too.

I understand Leon is very popular, but I am calling it here. The game will likely be another shooter, devoid of anything terrifying. This is normally the case when Leon is involved in any capacity. 

On 5/30/2024 at 11:53 PM, Knight Plug said:

So RE9 was apparently revealed, along with HD remasters of 0, 5, and CV. Jill could be in RE9, too.

I understand Leon is very popular, but I am calling it here. The game will likely be another shooter, devoid of anything terrifying. This is normally the case when Leon is involved in any capacity. 

Yeah, that's very correct. Seriously, with the way they are going with the franchise now, it's not encouraging to have any high hopes on it. I'm equally calling it as well. 

I posted on JoyFreak about gaming recently, even though I don't visit the forum very often these days. But it looks like Shagger was right. Bots are everywhere, but the guy running it doesn't remove the crap.

It's even hard to tell if users on there are real.

the-next-silent-hill-transmission-is-sch

On 6/3/2024 at 10:49 AM, Knight Plug said:

I posted on JoyFreak about gaming recently, even though I don't visit the forum very often these days. But it looks like Shagger was right. Bots are everywhere, but the guy running it doesn't remove the crap.

It takes the work of a forum owner to understand that there are bots that can make your visits to the forum ak unpleasant one. Removing them as soon as detected is very important. 

On 6/3/2024 at 10:49 AM, Knight Plug said:

I'm actually familiar with that forum owner and from the things I know about him, he is someone who is nonchalant about the things he's doing. He's no longer paying much attention to his community and that is why things are very messy on that platform right now. 

On 6/14/2024 at 11:36 PM, Knight Barida said:

It takes the work of a forum owner to understand that there are bots that can make your visits to the forum ak unpleasant one. Removing them as soon as detected is very important. 

The implementation of Cloudflare Turnstile for CAPTCHA tends to stop bots in their tracks. This is the only CAPTCHA that has worked for various forum owners.

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm actually familiar with that forum owner and from the things I know about him, he is someone who is nonchalant about the things he's doing. He's no longer paying much attention to his community and that is why things are very messy on that platform right now. 

If you think JoyFreak is bad, check out anxietyforum.net. Whoever started up that site no longer maintains it. This seems to be a common issue online: Admins leaving their forums behind, but are seemingly too stubborn to totally let go of something that they know has ran its course.

This weird Australian guy I know called James took my user name, because my pseudonym on there is a different one to what I normally have been using on other forums. So he has been spamming all over it since 2021 to I assume, attempt to gain the top spot on Google if somebody searches for my handle, and he posts vile comments, lies about who he is, registers a lot of sock puppet accounts, and so on. Then I changed my ID on other forums, but he just obsessively listed them in one of his profiles, along with my real name and address.

He did it on acyberlove.com as well back in 2017, then stalked me on Fandom wikis, YouTube, Internet Archive, the 8-ball pool app, some movie databases, and other sites. You could say I have been dealing with his abuse pretty much every week since September of 2017.

I've emailed Cloudflare several times and the hosts of certain sites to complain. Their typical put off remark to each report is that, "they are looking into it". 

Now he is uploading dumb videos on YouTube about me, or in a veiled attempt to impersonate me.

Edited by Knight Plug
Typos.

I can remember spending hours on my old Nintendo 64. I do much enjoyed playing games like GoldenEye and Mario Kart. But now, games are so much more realistic unlike what it used to be.

Been playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door today on my Switch (have the day off from work today).  I've just finished Chapter 3 in Glitzville today.  My Switch is currently charging though so I thought I'd give it a rest for a minute.

On 7/11/2024 at 8:10 PM, JennyorAlice said:

Been playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door today on my Switch (have the day off from work today).  I've just finished Chapter 3 in Glitzville today.  My Switch is currently charging though so I thought I'd give it a rest for a minute.

Ah, that's nice! Thousand Year Door is a classic game. How are you enjoying it so far? 

On 7/13/2024 at 4:23 AM, Lens said:

Ah, that's nice! Thousand Year Door is a classic game. How are you enjoying it so far? 

It's bringing back some memories from when I played it on the GameCube.  I am enjoying it so far but I've only been able to play it on my days off from work. 

On 6/21/2024 at 7:17 PM, Knight Plug said:

If you think JoyFreak is bad, check out anxietyforum.net. Whoever started up that site no longer maintains it. This seems to be a common issue online: Admins leaving their forums behind, but are seemingly too stubborn to totally let go of something that they know has ran its course.

This weird Australian guy I know called James took my user name, because my pseudonym on there is a different one to what I normally have been using on other forums. So he has been spamming all over it since 2021 to I assume, attempt to gain the top spot on Google if somebody searches for my handle, and he posts vile comments, lies about who he is, registers a lot of sock puppet accounts, and so on. Then I changed my ID on other forums, but he just obsessively listed them in one of his profiles, along with my real name and address.

He did it on acyberlove.com as well back in 2017, then stalked me on Fandom wikis, YouTube, Internet Archive, the 8-ball pool app, some movie databases, and other sites. You could say I have been dealing with his abuse pretty much every week since September of 2017.

I've emailed Cloudflare several times and the hosts of certain sites to complain. Their typical put off remark to each report is that, "they are looking into it". 

Now he is uploading dumb videos on YouTube about me, or in a veiled attempt to impersonate me.

I think at that point, you need to get law enforcement involved. That's illegal to be posting someone's personal details all over the internet without consent and also stalking and harassing someone online is also a crime.

On 7/16/2024 at 4:30 PM, killamch89 said:

I think at that point, you need to get law enforcement involved. That's illegal to be posting someone's personal details all over the internet without consent and also stalking and harassing someone online is also a crime.

You're right. Posting personal information without consent is a very serious violations of someone's privacy and safety. They are indeed very illegal and can have severe consequences too.