Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

1 hour ago, Lens said:

You're right. Posting personal information without consent is a very serious violations of someone's privacy and safety. They are indeed very illegal and can have severe consequences too. 

I think it's because this kind of information isn't common knowledge but he should research it. It'd likely be resolved within a month or less once law enforcement is involved. On those forums, it's likely that they can easily track the stalker's IP address which would help them catch the culprit. Then the law enforcement agencies would prosecute them and get platforms like Google to remove your personal info from their search results among other things.

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I think it's because this kind of information isn't common knowledge but he should research it. It'd likely be resolved within a month or less once law enforcement is involved. On those forums, it's likely that they can easily track the stalker's IP address which would help them catch the culprit. Then the law enforcement agencies would prosecute them and get platforms like Google to remove your personal info from their search results among other things.

That's spot on! Involving the law enforcement is definitely a great step. However, it's important to always speakout and seek help because this is how victims can get support and justice. 

On 6/22/2024 at 1:17 AM, Knight Plug said:

If you think JoyFreak is bad, check out anxietyforum.net. Whoever started up that site no longer maintains it. This seems to be a common issue online: Admins leaving their forums behind, but are seemingly too stubborn to totally let go of something that they know has ran its course.

This weird Australian guy I know called James took my user name, because my pseudonym on there is a different one to what I normally have been using on other forums. So he has been spamming all over it since 2021 to I assume, attempt to gain the top spot on Google if somebody searches for my handle, and he posts vile comments, lies about who he is, registers a lot of sock puppet accounts, and so on. Then I changed my ID on other forums, but he just obsessively listed them in one of his profiles, along with my real name and address.

He did it on acyberlove.com as well back in 2017, then stalked me on Fandom wikis, YouTube, Internet Archive, the 8-ball pool app, some movie databases, and other sites. You could say I have been dealing with his abuse pretty much every week since September of 2017.

I've emailed Cloudflare several times and the hosts of certain sites to complain. Their typical put off remark to each report is that, "they are looking into it". 

Now he is uploading dumb videos on YouTube about me, or in a veiled attempt to impersonate me.

This is serious! I wonder what could be the end of this person who's doing this kind of thing to you? I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone you've beefed with in one way or another. 

On 7/20/2024 at 9:09 PM, Knight Plug said:

He is this rather strange Aussie guy I know from forums I was on, way, way back in 2004. 😐

Yeah. I really don't get it either. But I just ignore him now. ☺️

It's great that you've got a good attitude about it, though! 😊 And that's a strong attitude. Ignoring someone who's being strange or annoying can be a great way to actually maintain your own sanity and to also focus on more positive interactions.

Today I accomplished something I thought I never would.  Something that's been tormenting me for over 20 years.

I dodged more than 200 lightning strikes in a row on FFX:

191331c4ad032-6b512b16e481d206d936c880bda59cefa7b33b33-950_message_441123667955347_1723139327950.thumb.jpg.a46f5d22ed30c565ee37ff2e118de85f.jpg

191331ce84f2-6b512b16e481d206d936c880bda59cefa7b33b33-950_message_441123687765078_1723139405332.thumb.jpg.473f0cac7c75858e68a2813074d7d637.jpg

If you don't know anything about this, then I will go back 25 years in time and take up residence inside your head, all safe and warm never to know anything about it either.

But if you NEED the context, here it is.  There are a selection of ultimate weapons called Celestial Weapons, one for each character.  Obtaining these weapons and charging them up to thier full potential require completing a variety of challenging side missions and mini games.  Some of these challenges are fairly straight forward, but take a lot of time and grind.  Others in theory should not take that long, but are so nightmarishly hard that the developers responsible have a place reserved in hell.

This, what they call "The Lightning Dance" challenge, is one of the very worst. There is an area called "The Thunder Plains" whare lightning can strike the character. It does not harm the party or anything, it's just an indigenous feature of this region.  Is possible to dodge these lightning strikes by hitting the right button when you see a "flash" on the screen.  The thing is, the time between the "flash" and the lightning strike is right on the limit of a human being's reaction time.  I'm not exaduating when I say it's barely possible to dodge just one of them.

Yet for this challenge, you are expected to dodge 200 of them in a row.  No saves, no leaving the area, no nothing.  Get hit, and start all over again.

For years this has tormented me, but I've got there with, if I may say so, a pretty impressive 309.  Fantastic.  Now I never need to do this again in my life ever.

Next, and last, is trying to get a time of 0.00 seconds in the Chocobo Race.  God help me...

Edited by Shagger

On 8/8/2024 at 7:42 PM, Shagger said:

Today I accomplished something I thought I never.  Something that's been tormenting me for over 20 years.

I dodged more than 200 lightning strikes in a row on FFX:

191331c4ad032-6b512b16e481d206d936c880bda59cefa7b33b33-950_message_441123667955347_1723139327950.thumb.jpg.a46f5d22ed30c565ee37ff2e118de85f.jpg

191331ce84f2-6b512b16e481d206d936c880bda59cefa7b33b33-950_message_441123687765078_1723139405332.thumb.jpg.473f0cac7c75858e68a2813074d7d637.jpg

For years this has tormented ne, but I've got there with, if I may say so, a pretty impressive 309.  Fantastic.  Now I never need to do this again in my life ever.

Next, and last, is trying to get a time of 0.00 seconds in the Chocobo Race.  God help me...

You definitely don't need to put yourself through the torture of trying to do it again for the next 20 years 😂 😂.. It will be an overkill. 

Good luck in your next and final challenge. I hope it doesn't take another 20 years 😂