Register Now
Kane99

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero

Does anyone remember this game? It came out in 1997 and I remember thinking this game would be awesome. But, when I finally played it, I realized this game was not good lol. This game is notorious as being one of the worst games ever, and most likely the worst MK game ever. 

It's not a traditional MK game though, as it's more a side-scrolling beat-em-up that is not good at doing anything. I remember renting an N64 and this game, and I can say, I went back to that rental store and rented another game lol. The game has some of the worst gameplay, and some bad voice acting. But, it had some fun cutscenes from what I hear. 

Here's a good video about the game:

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

They originally had the idea to do every core character in the MK series with their own  mythologies game. But this one bombed so bad that they scrapped the idea. I have it, and have tried playing it, but I have to agree whole heartedly with AVGN. It's a shit stain on gaming history.

Oh yeah, I remember that was their initial plan. Sucks that they weren't able to figure out how to make it work. But oh well. I think they tried a similar approach to the Shaolin Monks game if I'm not mistaken? 

I was so hyped when they said a game dedicated to Sub-Zero was coming out and then this happened. I agree with the rest of you that it was so terrible I don't that I reached half way through it before I stopped playing. I swear it was my curiosity of how the story would end that even got me that far because I really loved Mortal Kombat lore at the time. I still do to an extent but I'm nowhere as crazy about it now as back then.